iPhone and iPad App
Trapster on your iPhone and iPad:
What's New in iOS
- Now fully compatible with iOS6
- Super-sized for the iPad
- Birds-Eye View Maps
- Automatic Day & Night Display
Mouse over to view night mode
Main ScreenThe blue arrow automatically follows your GPS location in real time. The emanating blips are your Virtual Radar® alert zone. Trapster’s Virtual Radar dynamically narrows and elongates based on your velocity and direction of travel. Icons animate while the corresponding audio alert is played.
- Your speed is displayed in the center of your dashboard gauge, if you are traveling above the posted speed limit, your speedometer will display two colors to warn you:
- Yellow: you are traveling < 5 MPH over the posted limit.
- Red: you are traveling > 5MPH over the posted limit.
- To re-lock your GPS location, tap the "target" icon to the right of the speedometer. Your direction of travel will be displayed on the compass below your current speed.
- To report a trap — tap the Red Trap Icon in the lower right.
- To access Trapster’s Settings Menu — tap the Menu Icon in the lower left corner. The speed limit of the road you are currently driving on will be displayed in the left corner.
Reporting Traps You SeeThis screen appears by tapping the red Trap Icon on your main screen’s dashboard. When you select the appropriate trap type, it is placed at your current GPS position. If the correct position of the trap is different than your current GPS position, you can further pinpoint the correct location by dragging the map. Select OK to confirm your report or cancel to return to the trapmap.
PatrolBlue lines display on roads other Trapster users have recently driven down. This inherently raises the confidence factor on the road. You know that another Trapster user ahead has recently traveled the road. This assures you that any current road conditions have been reported recently.
NAVTEQ Real Time TrafficReal time traffic congestion will be displayed with green, yellow, and red lines overlaying the road ahead. The green, yellow, and red lines indicate fast, medium, and slow traffic conditions.
Selectable Languages and Fun Sound ThemesGet vital road hazard and speed alerts in English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Turkish and many fun sound themes.
Search and RoutingCraving Pizza but you don’t know how to get to the nearest restaurant? Find restaurants and other places of interest from within Trapster. Simply tap the magnifying glass icon within the dashboard menu to initiate Search and Routing.
Settings MenuThis screen appears when you tap the Settings Icon located on the left side of the dashboard. You have the option to use finger swipes to slide this menu from right to left, or finger swipe up, to enter the full screen menu.
Social Media IntegrationSimply select the Social Icon on the Settings Menu. Trapster can automatically post traps that you report or vote on, and trips that you record (including photos), to your Facebook or Twitter account.
Map ModeTap "Map Modes" from the Settings Menu, and then customize your map experience. Options include the following:
- Map: A basic map with easy to read street names, etc.
- Terrain: Ground level will be represented on this map mode, so you will be well aware of upcoming hills, valleys, etc.
- Satellite: Easily identify buildings, and other points of interest with actual satellite images displayed.
Map modes can change the display from day mode to night mode through 3 different options.
- Auto: The map will switch between Day and Night Mode automatically based on the time of day.
- Day: Brightness levels and primary map color optimized for daytime driving conditions.
- Night: Brightness levels and primary map color optimized for daytime driving conditions.
Map View - New for Trapster 5.0
- 3D: Display the trapmap in brand new 3D map view. This new view offers a real world angle, and driving experience.
- 2D: Standard "flat map"" view.
Map Follow Mode
- Follow Mode: The map rotates basedon your direction of travel.
- North Up Mode: The map always points north when traveling.
Map Display OptionsTap "Map Modes" from the Settings Menu, and then customize your map experience.
Options include the following:
- Traps: Turn traps on or off.
- POI’s: Turn POI’s on or off, such as Bank/ATM, Gas Station, Parking Log, Restaurants, and more.
- Navteq Traffic: Turn traffic layer on or off.
- Patrol: Turn Patrol (blue line) on or off.
- Routes: Turn Routes on or off.
- Search Results: Turn Search Results on or off.
- Trap Badges: Turn Trap Badges on or off. Badges include Moderator and Law Enforcement Approved.
- Speed Limit: Turn Speed Limits on or off.
Trap Detail ScreenWhen selecting a trap icon on the main screen the trap details screen appears. Information about when the trap was reported, the confidence level, and who reported it are shown. You can also rate traps that were reported by other users based on whether you agree or disagree.
Coming Soon to Trapster 5.0: My Trips and Caravan
Need help? Visit our support site: http://getsatisfaction.com/trapster